Sunday 20 November 2011

Time Machine

 Our tenure here on earth is but a fleeting one. Great swathes of what we know as our cultural lives will simply be lost to the mists of time, leaving future generations ignorant of our very existence. Unless that is, someone like me can do something like this:
 So that our progeny can know a little about us, I have created a time capsule! Deciding what to put in it wasn't easy. Whatever it was, would need to perfectly represent our culture and society. Should it be a DVD of those great Saturday night rivals  'Strictly' and 'X Factor'? Perhaps the latest instalment of Jordan's autobiography? Maybe a movie poster for a rom-com starring Jennifer Aniston? A copy of The Sun, or Ed Milliband? Well, in the end I knew that all these things would not fit inside my tiny time capsule, so I simply shat in a shoe box and buried it in the garden. I'm sure the children of the future will  figure it out in the end(if they  haven't all de-evolved into 'Gadget Show' presenters).

P.S. Due to a spelling collapse, a picture of a Tim Minchin has been used to illustrate this post instead of a picture of a time machine but I doubt it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment